Barista @BROWNS English Language School
- Ages 18 +
- 4.81 score from 104 ratings
Choose your experience
What is this course about?
This course is ideal for international students on Student and Working Holiday visas who intend to improve their language and workplace skills to a point where they can function effectively as baristas and thus sustain themselves during their temporary visit to Australia or while studying full-time.
Visitor visa holders are welcome to join this course, however, they are not eligible to work in Australia.
30 hours per week: 20 hours of hospitality-specific English including 3 hours of focused research and group work, and 10 hours of practical training in:
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practice for food safety;
- SITHFAB005 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee;
- Additionally receive: SITHFAB002 – Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol;
- Specialist BaristaBoost Training in cold pour coffee, tray service and tea preparation;
- Develop skills to become more employable in the Australian hospitality industry;
- Develop hospitality-specific English language vocabulary;
- Receive a Statement of Attainment for the above three competencies from the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality training package which are nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework;
- BROWNS Barista uniform provided.
- We are located in an amazing location: Australia and this course is available at Brisbane and Gold Coast campus.
- You can count on our welfare staff to support you during your stay.
- We provide a social programme to meet other students on study work placements.
- We offer a large variety of work placement options, to suit individual interests and skills.
- Although tours and activities are not included, we can arrange them for you!