- Ages 18 +
- 4.99 score from 102 ratings
Choose your experience
What is the course about?
The Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an internationally recognised teaching qualification which is valid for life and designed for those with little or no previous teaching experience.
Thousands of people internationally choose CELTA each year to open up a whole world of exciting English language teaching opportunities. It can provide you with the skills, knowledge and hands‑on practice to follow a rewarding career in teaching anywhere in the world.
At LAL Torbay we will give you the support and guidance you need to help you to achieve this.
- 50 hours of input sessions on all basic aspects of planning and teaching.
- 6 hours of teaching practice for each trainee, with students of different nationalities and at two different language levels.
- Daily detailed feedback and discussion sessions with tutors, in which you will receive plenty of help with your planning.
- 6 hours of observation of qualified and experienced teachers.
- Individual tutorials to ensure you are getting the most from the course.
- Knowledge of the English language: grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
- Awareness of the pupils; their needs and motivation.
- Practical ability in developing the basic communication skills of reading, listening, speaking and writing.
- Familiarity with teaching materials.
- Classroom management and lesson planning skills.
- Techniques and procedures in presentation and practice of a new language.
23 Mar – 24 Apr
24 Jul – 21 Aug
21 Aug – 18 Sep
26 Oct – 27 Nov
09 Mar – 03 Apr
13 Jul – 07 Aug
05 Oct – 30 Oct
Why should you study the CELTA course?
- You don’t need previous teaching experience, which makes it a perfect course if you are looking for a career change or if you just want to teach whilst taking a gap year.
- You will learn the basic skills to start teaching English and improve your confidence in the classroom.
- You will develop your teaching methodologies and techniques to help you secure a better teaching position.
- It is recognised by the British Council and schools who are accredited accept teachers who have this qualification.
- We will provide all the support and guidance you need to achieve this certification.
- We listen to your feedback, act on your comments and strengthen the course.
- We keep a high pass rate from our students.
- We have many years of experience teaching this course.