- Ages 17 +
- 4.98 score from 246 ratings
Choose your experience
What is the course about?
The Excellence Program will prepare you to study in colleges and universities in English or in French, in Canada and abroad. Through linguistic and cultural elements, you will become familiar with North American culture through reading and research projects, and learn to navigate the intricate system of higher education.
During your course, you will not only improve your language skills but also learn about your options and decide where and in which program you want to enrol after graduating from the Excellence Program.
This course is composed of two modules of 8 weeks each:
- Introduction to College Studies (ICS).
- University and College Preparation (UCP).
Introduction to College Studies (ICS)
This module will introduce you to the first level of post-secondary education in Quebec and Canada. In ICS, you will learn general techniques and rules of academic reading, writing, presenting, and interacting in the classroom.
- Having a TOEIC result.
- Study an IELTS or TOEFL course at the same time.
- First 4 weeks: reading and writing.
- Second 4 weeks: listening and speaking.
University and College Preparation (UCP)
In this module, you will become familiar with terms like grading, credits, majors, minors, seminars, junior, sophomore, fraternities, sororities, and more! You will also start learning about different fields of study, like social studies, business, history or literature, plus some of the most common concepts used in the academic world.
Additionally, improve your research skills, including quoting sources and writing academic papers.
- Successful completion of Introduction to College Studies.
- Academic reading
- Academic writing
- Critical thinking
- Academic research
- Speech training
- Academic culture
Why should you study the Excellence Program?
- You will have a solid preparation for entry in foundation years at various universities or direct entry to vocational colleges.
- You will strength your IELTS and TOEFL preparation by reinforcing the skills tested in these language proficiency exams.
- You will be closer to near-native proficiency by developing fluency, vocabulary, conversational and debate skills
- We are located in a fantastic location that will stimulate your learning process.
- We have a dedicated academic team who will help you achieve your goals and gain confidence.
- We offer you a wide variety of leisure options to make the most out of your stay.
- We listen to your feedback, act on your comments and strengthen the course.