ICAO Test Preparation
- Ages 17+
- 4.8 score from 231 ratings
Choose your experience
What is the ICAO Test Preparation course about?
If you are planning to enter the aviation industry on an international level, this course will help you achieve and maintain Level 4 (operational) of the ICAO English test. Furthermore, the course will enhance your communicative competence with a specific focus on the six ICAO language proficiency descriptors. These are pronunciation, structure, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and interaction.
The ICAO English test contains different sections and tasks that you need to tackle successfully. In order to help you achieve this, we will provide you with lots of practice to develop the required linguistic and test-taking skills and subskills throughout the course.
Also, you should consider complementing these lessons with our Aviation English course for a more complete understanding of this industry’s language.
First of all, you should know that the ICAO Test Preparation course includes 60 hours of instruction over a ten-week span (four 90-minute sessions per week). During this time, partial and complete practice tests are used as diagnostic and assessment tools. However, the course starts with a complete diagnostic pre-test used as a benchmark and later, it fine-tunes students’ performance throughout the course.
- Week 1: Read radiotelephony messages using standard phraseology
- Week 2: Read sentences in plain English
- Week 3: Listen to sentences and repeat them
- Week 4: Give simple answers to questions
- Week 5: Listen to spoken radiotelephony messages and say appropriate readbacks using given call signs
- Week 6: Listen to radiotelephony exchanges, correct wrong information, and respond appropriately to questions or requests
- Week 7: Listen to stories and retell them
- Week 8: Listen to open questions and answer them
- Week 9: Review 1 – 8
- Week 10: Review 1 – 8
07 Jan – 15 Mar
18 Mar – 24 May
28 May – 02 Aug
05 Aug – 11 Oct
14 Oct – 20 Dec
Why should you study the ICAO Test Preparation course?
- Improve your ability to take a practice and authentic ICAO exam on site.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English in various situations related to the aviation industry.
- Have plenty of practice handling emergency situations.
- We are an ICAO English exam testing centre, so we know how to prepare you for it.
- We include off-site trips to flight schools.
- We provide an aviation lounge, exclusively for Aviation English students, equipped with a top-of-the-line flight simulator.
- We use real-life situations for you to practise with.
- We enhance your learning through LAL Advantage, our online learning platform. You can use it before you arrive, during the course and for three months after you leave us, at no extra cost.