LAL Language Centres Holding Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 01525902), whose registered office is at Sigma House, Oak View Close, Edginswell Park, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7FF.
We trade as LAL Management Services, LAL London, LAL Torbay and LAL Summer Schools in the UK and LAL Fort Lauderdale, LAL Boston and LAL US Summer Schools in the USA, and LAL Cape Town in South Africa.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z3319050.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with current data protection legislation and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone: +44 (0)20 8891 9927
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- write: Twining House, 43-57 London Road, Twickenham, TW1 3SZ, UK
- We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- we make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information
- we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
- We will respect your privacy. You may receive marketing emails only from us. We will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices, for example, we have boxes you need to tick if you want to receive further contact from LAL. This may be in the form of information or questions about our service to you and/or future products and offers.
- We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to manage your stay at any of our schools, including safeguarding and health and safety.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
- Our site and social media is accessible via the internet. This means that people around the world who access our website and social media can see anything you post there, for example, comments about your stay with us.
- If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under UK law) being in place.
LAL collects different types of information about our users for five main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
- To keep customers up-to-date about the products and services they have purchased
- To fulfil contracted services
- Where permissions is given by users, to market products and services to them
How we use your information
For what purpose we collect information
We collect information on you and/or your children/dependents:
- when you enrol for a course
- when you complete our Welfare Form for all students on Young Learner courses and 16 and 17 year olds who study on our year-round courses
- when you complete Feedback Questionnaires at various stages of your stay with us
- through cookies
- when a third party language travel operator or agency enrols you for a course
- when you enter sales promotions and competitions
The type of information we collect
When you access and browse our website (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the website) and when you provide information to our agents which may be passed on to us, we may collect the following information from you:
- age and sex
- postal and email addresses
- phone number
- date of birth
- passport details (only when needed for visa and immigration purposes)
- physical and mental health details (relevant to your stay with us only)
- allergy details
How we may store and use your information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to make this website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to complete any transactions you make through this website
- to provide you with services that you request
- where you have given us your express consent, to disclose your personal information to third parties
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to our website or other users for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
Information About Children
We do not, and will not, knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14, you may not use this website unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
Transfers and International Transfers
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you or our agents transfer over the internet to us.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us (either by post or by e-mail) at the address specified above.
Third Party Sites