Who we are
LAL Language Centres UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 1907876), whose registered office is at Sigma House, Oak View Close, Edginswell Park, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7FF. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z5573256.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- telephone us at: +44 (0)1803 558 555; or
- e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- write to us at LAL Language Centres, Conway Road, Paignton, Devon, TQ4 5LH, England.
A quick word about children
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14, you may not use this website unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal information we collect about you
When you access and browse this website (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the website) and when you provide information to our agents which may be passed on to us, we may collect the following information from you:
- your name;
- your age and sex;
- your postal address;
- your phone, fax and e-mail details; and
- credit/debit card information
How we may store and use your information
- We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to make this website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to complete any transactions you make through this website;
- to provide you with services that you request;
- where you have given us your consent, to disclose your personal information to third parties; and
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
Transfers and International transfers
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you or our agents transfer over the internet to us.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us (either by post or by e-mail) at the address specified above.
Third party sites