I thank all the staff of LAL School for my language stay in Cape Town. Teachers are very good and school facilities such as internet connection, activities and the food are satisfactory.
You might not know it yet, but LAL will be with you forever.
The people, the places and the English language you discover through LAL will shape the way you interact with your world.
The benefits of your language experience with LAL will endure, because real-life learning resonates long after you have finished your course. The experience goes way beyond the classroom: belonging to the LAL community really means getting out and exploring the places you always heard about, from a completely new angle.
Being able to share moments with people who, like you, are building their own future, finding their unique take on each LAL destination, and living abroad as part of an international community – this is LAL.
- You want to learn unforgettable English that will stay with you forever. With LAL, you will.
- We have a top-notch learning plan in and beyond the classroom.
- Out of classroom lessons give “real-life English” a whole new meaning.
- Never stop learning with our online continuation courses.
- We are people who believe in a better world too. You’ll never feel alone.
- Being far away from home, we’ll create the opportunities for you to interact with people that make you feel like you belong.
- English is for sharing – Real Life English ensures you both learn and communicate with people from all over the world.
- Locations you’ve never been to before, experienced in ways you’ve never imagined before.
- Living within the community, safely in the hands of LAL’s dedicated staff.
- Not out of your comfort zone, but in your element.
“What makes LAL unique?”
- Free Welcome Events
Each LAL school has a unique, free, unforgettable welcome event to kickstart our students’ LAL experience by welcoming them to our schools in the most authentic, immersive and fun way possible, introducing them to our destinations, our schools and their new friends.
- ‘English on the Go’ lessons
At least once a month our teachers take students for their lessons outside of the classroom, teaching English out and about in real life.
- Exclusive activities
Designed by us for students to connect with one another; teachers and staff join students on selected free and low-cost fun activities to immerse them in English in real life situations.
- Real Life English Excursions
Much more than regular excursions, we’ve selected and designed local “must-do” experiences to provide our students with unforgettable English through unforgettable experiences.
We believe that belonging to our community and sharing your experiences abroad are the best ways for you to improve your English. Our school is designed with that in mind: shared spaces and plenty of activities that allow you to connect with one another.
Our school have recently been renovated, creating modern, welcoming spaces for you to share and enjoy.
Torbay Language Centre opens in Torbay, UK.
Florida Language Center opens in Fort Lauderdale, USA
Cape Communication Centre opens in Cape Town, South Africa
LAL becomes a teacher training centre and opens its first residential junior centre, Shebbear College, Devon, UK.
LAL opens at Kelly College (Now Mount Kelly College)
LAL introduces global branding, LAL Torbay, LAL Fort Lauderdale, LAL Cape Town and LAL Summer Schools
LAL expands its portfolio with schools in London, Taunton, Winchester and Twickenham in the UK; Boca Raton, in the USA, and Durban and St Cypriens in South Africa and co-brands with IELS in Malta
LAL launches its new corporate identity
LAL opens in New York, USA
LAL opens in Berkhamsted, UK
LAL opens in Brighton, UK
LAL launches its partnership programme and allies with Apollo Language Centre in Ireland, Meten in China, ELS and ALI in Canada and Browns in Australia
Covid 19 forces a downsizing of LAL’s portfolio
Our school in Cape Town moves to its new home. An amazing location with 360 views in and out of the classroom. By far the best school in Cape Town!
LAL’s mission is to empower people to communicate effectively with the global community by means of an excellent and enriching learning experience.
In the pursuit of this mission, we will embrace and continuously pursue the values of relevance and integrity. We will deploy innovative means and cultural sensitivity. We will aim to exceed expectations, and to foster the personal and professional development of our students and staff alike.
To achieve the mission, our business objectives will be to:
- offer comprehensive language learning services
- operate in a socially responsible manner
- grow LAL’s market share and profitability
- maintain and develop LAL’s reputation